
Do you ever see something beautiful and you just wish so badly that you could lock it in your head and keep it forever? That your mind had it's own memory bank (like a digital camera) for pictures that you want to stay. For scenes you never want to forget. You could just snap it and memorize it in perfect clarity.
Photographs are brilliant for moments of nostalgia, but it wouldn't be nearly as wonderful as being in the moment again. You can only capture a small rectangle of what the world really looks like.
You can't absolutley know {or remember} what it smells like. Or what it sounds like. Or what it tastes like.
Right now I'm looking into a courtyard on campus. Snow is floating down so quietly. So peacefully. Nothing is sticking but still they fall. The large white snowflakes. Gliding and spiraling. Scattered and random.
I love that where I live has everything. I get cloudy gray mornings in the winter (that I find more beautiful than most give them credit for). Mountains loom over the city, giant and surreal. On cold mornings I see my breath as I walk to my first class.
I walk by a million different lovely scenes every day. Always hoping to absorb them all in, trying hard not to breathe out for fear of losing the magic.
No comments:
Post a Comment