They are always cheesey. The nature of the genre, maybe?
They always have attractive men.
They always have some sort of awesome love story thrown in the mix (I can't help myself)
And they just make me happy.
X-men happens to be my absolute favorite.
I've never read any comics...
But I watched the X-men cartoon growing up (that and the Power Rangers were my faves).
When I was 16 my BFF Hayley took me to Florida for her birthday and we ran into some of these heroes of mine at the Islands of Adventure Universal Studios theme park.
Cyclops was right there. (it was pretty sweet)
We waited in line to get a picture with him and he looks at us and says (quite rudely),
"Do you even know who I am??"
I respond immediately, "Of course we do."In my head I was like....uhh....he's an X-men (man?)...Cyclops....wait. That doesn't sound right??!
Naturally, I don't tell him who he is because #1 HE knows who he is and #2 he made me question if I really did know who he was and #3 I couldn't convince myself his name was Cyclops because he really does not look like a cyclops.
Jerk. Made me question my superhero knowledge skills. His job is to look awesome and take pictures with people. Nothing more. I was so bothered by this interaction. (Don't worry, I'm over it now....Oh and isn't this a GREAT pic? hahaha)
Anyway. Last night I saw X-Men: First Class (or whatever it is called) and I LOVED it. I thought it was perfect. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender were awesome. I liked everything about it. I'm the worst at reviewing movies though so I'm going to stop there. All I ever have to say is that I love them or I don't. (more love than not).
I just really wanted to tell someone of my undying love for superheroes. X-men. Superman. Batman. Spiderman. (Apparently it is mostly the man ones that have my heart)
And I also wanted to show you another picture of Hayley and I in 2006...because I know you loved the first one so much.
Things I love about this:
1. It shows my mom's amazing photography skills (....)
2. We're fake sleeping? But also smiling...with our eyes closed...
3. That we actually documented this.
4. That bed was the fluffiest bed I've ever slept in.
5. Hayley. I love her.
my favorite? batman. oh my christian bale. he's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteand i'm flattered i'm one of your favorite bloggers. :) (two posts ago...made my day.)
i was just thinking about why i love comic-movies so much. and it is because they have the best (sad) love stories.
ReplyDeletei can't resist wolverine for all these reasons.