7.12.2011

the mean reds.

Sometimes, a little Breakfast at Tiffany's is all a girl really needs.

"You know those days when you get the mean reds?"
"The mean reds, you mean like the blues?"
"No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?"
"Sure."
"Well, when I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!"


Good things from the past little while:
Being American, it makes me proud.
Playing with my best friend's family for her birthday, they are my second family.
Watching people be/fall in love.
Tears because my little brother is all kinds of awesome.
Hearing fireworks every single night.
Summer thunderstorms. 
Sleepovers and movies with Kelsey.
Skyping with those people I left in Texas. (and them not minding when I have a complete meltdown)
Catching up with friends who have been gone for two years.
Riding my bike, with my dad.
Making vague lists, because apparently its my thing.

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, i love vague lists. and i love this one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that we've been hangin out enough for me to interpret this vague list.. thanks for mentioning me baby. love the Audrey feature also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I sure do love you Molly Jane ! No one loves to skype you more than me :) I always love to hear about your life and how you are feeling !! :) see you in two weeks !

    ReplyDelete