I'm an extremely indecisive person. Really. Painfully indecisive. {Which is weird right? Because I am also overly opinionated to the point that people hardly care to hear my opinions (I share them far too often :)} But anyway, back to the indecision. My grandpa used to tell my mom "indecision is decision with the passage of time". Everything about this statement is true, of course. My indecisiveness often makes it difficult for me to pick favorites. However, there is something about favorites that I love. I love it when people tell me their favorites. Favorite foods, movies, songs, artists, books, people, quotes, brands, actors, bands, pretty much anything favorite--I love. I just think you can tell so much about a person by knowing their favorite things {when they're genuine}. I might be wrong, and sometimes it says nothing about people, but I think it's fun to talk about nonetheless. So, to tie these thoughts together, I would like to give credit to my grandpa's saying of indecision. I have learned in the most recent years, that by not deciding on favorites right away, I have learned a lot about myself and what my favorites truly are. Not having that premade decision in my mind, opens up limitless possibities. Indecision=decision with the passage of time. I'm thinking indecision isn't all bad, not all good either, but definitely not all bad. Get the connection? If not, don't worry, no point really. And now that I think back on this random thought-turned-ramble, it's quite meaningless.
BUT. since I love favorites so much, my favorites list will be coming soon. {I think it might be a magical experience creating such a thing}
I like knowing the things I love, it makes me feel less crazy, and a little more at home in my own body.
and that's just a little food for thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment